duminică, 23 septembrie 2012

Interview with Shelly Crane


1)Please tell us something about you and your books
Shelly is a YA author from a small town in Georgia and loves everything about the south. She is wife to a fantastical husband and stay at home mom to two boisterous and mischievous boys who keep her on her toes. They currently reside in everywhere USA as they happily travel all over with her husband's job. She loves to spend time with her family, binge on candy corn, go out to eat at new restaurants, buy paperbacks at little bookstores, site see in the new areas they travel to, listen to music everywhere and also LOVES to read.
Her own books happen by accident and she revels in the writing and imagination process. She doesn't go anywhere without her notepad for fear of an idea creeping up and not being able to write it down immediately, even in the middle of the night, where her best ideas are born.
2) When did you realize you wanted to be a writer and who are the some of your biggest influences?
Only a couple of years ago. I never red books or wrote anything before that. And my biggest influence is other Indie authors that I read before I started writing. It made me see that maybe it was something I could do, too.
3)What inspired Significance series?
Boredom and lots of time on my hands. :) I had always wanted to read a book about a guy and girl that touch and instantly belong to each other, but hadn't found anything. So I wrote it. :)
4)What are you hoping to achieve with your novels?
That people believe in real love without cheating and leaving and anguish. It's possible. I have it.
5)Where do you get the motivation to keep writing and doing what you love?
I love it so there's no real motivation needed. I think it, dream it, sleep it and eat it sometimes.
6)While you are writing ,have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love and for?And was there a character that gave you a headaches?
I love all of my characters. They are all important. And for headaches, of course. Kyle gave me massive headaches in Significance, as did her dad. Sikes, too, of course.
7)Which is your favorite book and favorite author?
That's hard. I guess my favorite book is Vampire Academy series. My favorite author is hard, too. I have a few favorites. M. Leighton, Amy Bartol, Georgia Cates and Lila Felix are a few.
8)Outside of writing what you do for fun?
Read. Play with my kids, go on dates with my hubby.
9)What's next for you?
As soon as Independence is done, I'll start Wide Awake.
10)If you could carry only three things with you to a secluded place, what would those three things be?
A big fat notebook & pen, The Host by S. Meyer, and chapstick.
11)Anything else you want to share with your Romanian readers?
You're the reason I do this. My writing may have started on a whim, but it's so much more than that now. My fans are the best in the world!
Thanks for your interview Shelly ! You are awesome

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Subscribe to our newsletter